Friday, July 11, 2014

Saying Goodbye

I am sad to be leaving the weaving school.  I have learned a tremendous amount and have completely fallen in love with the VT landscape and culture.

I'm SURE I'll be back!!

I hope to continue this blog to document the things I make out of my hand woven fabrics.  I am also thinking about organizing a small gallery/ display of my work here so that I can share it with those who are interested.  Pictures don't do these textiles justice !

After a long afternoon of wide width weaving I finished the blanket! I had enough warp to do some stripe linen.  I'll be stitching the panels together with a baseball stitch .. very similar to what I was doing my apron.



The panels lined up!!

Now I am embarking on a 6 hour drive to the Battle of Wyoming reenactment in PA.
I'll be wearing my new apron !

No comments:

Post a Comment