Tuesday, June 17, 2014

T H R E A D S

This morning I did some of the "work" end of my work/study apprenticing.  Kate had me weave cotton dishtowls.  I was doing a twill weave .  Finding a rythem in weaving is key.  Pass, beat, change, beat, pass and so on..  I'll try and post a video of myself weaving soon !



Cotton twill dishtowels 

The remainder if the day I went back to working on my own project.  I finished threading the heddles which was quite tedious.  Feeling ambitious, I knocked out the threading of the reed as well in the evening wrapping up a long day of threads at 9:30pm..



Threading the heddles



The finished reed








1 comment:

  1. wow--that does look tedious--but rewarding when completed! Your blogging is fabulous--so great to keep up with your projects!

    ReplyDelete